As hyperconnected and digitally charged organizations become the norm, the rules for conducting business might best be written on an Etch A Sketch. Constant change is the new normal in what is already a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world. From dealing with unlikely entrants in traditional markets to changing consumer behaviors and shifting workforce demographics, agile leaders hold the competitive advantage.
As organizations evolve and optimize their processes and technology, how do their leaders also evolve the skills they need to be successful? How can they best be supported by their organization? How do leaders need to adapt in this environment to lead in an agile way while keeping the needs of the individuals, teams, and the enterprise in mind?
Our survey results show where leaders are today, the changes they anticipate will impact how they lead tomorrow, and the best way to provide them with the future leadership skills required to be successful. Key highlights include:
- The skills leaders need today and in the future—and where they say learning and development can help
- The mindset leaders say will help them to be future ready
- The workplace shifts they are most concerned about
- How they feel about their role as a leader of people—why they are excited as well as what’s keeping them up at night
- What sets very successful companies apart from the rest