- This event has passed.
Webinar: Addressing Bias and Microaggressions
August 5 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Whether or not we’d like to admit it, we all carry bias. Built initially as a product of our instinctive fight, flight, or freeze responses, our biases evolve over time as we are influenced daily by our experiences, family and friends, media, and the world around us. As adults we can become less aware, or unconscious, of our own biases, which can create unintentional discriminatory responses toward others, also known as microaggressions. Bias and microaggressions occur everywhere, even in the workplace. Our consistent goal is to uncover our biases and move to change them, and in turn, reduce the potential for microaggressions. Are we ready to courageously and honestly confront our biases?
During this panel discussion we will interview three industry leaders to gain insights on their experience and explore:
- Types of bias in the workplace and how leaders can increase personal bias awareness
- Common microaggressions and how leaders can address them
- The concept of intent versus impact and how it relates to equality, equity, and liberation Tools to reduce bias to create inclusive environments
- The concept of intent versus impact and how it relates to equality, equity, and liberation
- Tools to reduce bias to create inclusive environments