This two-hour, virtual instructor-led training is the first module in the Leading With Inclusion suite. This engaging module brings to life the complex concept of leading inclusively, gives participants practical tools for understanding the benefits of diversity on a team, and highlights diversity best practices that Catalyst research has identified.
Emerging inclusive leaders will gain:
- An awareness of unconscious biases in the workplace and their impact.
- The ability to define inclusion and diversity.
- Strategies for how to lead more inclusively at work.
- A firm grasp of the competencies of an inclusive leader.
- An understanding of Catalyst research findings and their significance in day-to-day work
The organization will benefit from:
- Greater engagement and workforce participation.
- A stronger talent pipeline.
- Respect from employees, clients, and investors as a leader in creating workplace inclusion.
- Increased innovation, retention, and team citizenship.
UNIQUE PARTICIPANT FEATURES
- Discussion of the challenges and benefits of diversity and inclusive leadership.
- The “Uniqueness” and “Belongingness” grid.
- Case study: Which team member will you choose for a high-profile, overseas assignment?
- The four strategies for being more inclusive.
- Breakout group discussions on actions for application.
Catalyst’s pioneering research, tools and services, special events, and recognition programs are designed to support organizations and individual
leaders in the creation of inclusive workplaces here all talent can thrive. Catalyst raises awareness of the benefits of diversity for today’s global businesses, and provides guidance on how to enact real change.
Founded in 1962, Catalyst is the leading nonprofit organization expanding opportunities for women and business. With operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, India, Australia, and Japan, and more than 800 member organizations, Catalyst is the trusted resource for research, information, and advice about women at work. Catalyst annually honors exemplary organizational initiatives that implement diversity best practices and promote women’s advancement with the Catalyst Award.
More information can be found at Catalyst.org