This four-hour, instructor-led training is the second module in the Leading With Inclusion suite that covers diversity training in the workplace. This course focuses on the nuances of managing diverse teams, highlighting the importance of learning the unique needs of every team member.When leaders acknowledge each team members’ uniqueness, they are better able to lead in a way that maximizes the productivity of the team at large. Moreover, when individuals feel included, they are more likely to innovate, be productive, stay longer, and ultimately contribute more to the organization. Building Inclusive Teams equips managers to lead inclusively, thereby maximizing the contribution and satisfaction of employees.
Emerging Leaders will gain:
- An awareness of what it feels like to be an “other” in the workplace
- An understanding of the impact their choices have on the team
- An approach to combating unconscious biases
- A strategy for managing diverse teams by developing more trust with diverse employees
- Pragmatic approaches to giving and asking for feedback
- An understanding of Catalyst research findings and tools for diversity training in the workplace and practical application in day-to-day work
The Organization will benefit from:
- Teams who contribute more
- Increased innovation, retention, and team citizenship
- Empowered managers
- Greater engagement and workforce participation
Unique Participant Features:
This diversity training in the workplace course brings to bear the practical and tangible leadership behaviors required for managing diverse teams effectively. Through experiential learning grounded in research, participants will engage in dialogue about their teams, their leadership behaviors, and their current approach to building trust and providing feedback. In addition, participants will become aware of their “go-to” people, the impact of those choices, and how to be more mindful of including everyone on their team.
- Increase their understanding of the diversity on their teams
- Apply techniques to increase the level of trust with their teams
- Reflect on who they give feedback to and receive feedback from more readily
- Provide peer consulting to their classmates about effectively delivering feedback
- Move from awareness of bias to actions for combating bias
Catalyst’s pioneering research, tools and services, special events, diversity training in the workplace, and recognition programs are designed to support organizations and individual
leaders in the creation of inclusive workplaces here all talent can thrive. Catalyst raises awareness of how diversity benefits today’s global businesses, and provides guidance on how to enact real change.
Founded in 1962, Catalyst is the leading nonprofit organization expanding opportunities for women and business. With operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, India, Australia, and Japan, and more than 800 member organizations, Catalyst is the trusted resource for research, information, and advice about women at work. Catalyst annually honors exemplary organizational initiatives for managing diverse teams that promote women’s advancement with the Catalyst Award.
More information can be found at Catalyst.org