Effective Leadership Drives Innovation and Engagement
Meeting today’s new, bold challenges
In every industry, things are moving fast. New technology, new market dynamics, new client demands, new legislation: all require up-to-the minute expertise to tackle the biggest challenges your organization faces. Your success depends upon the commitment, creativity, and innovation of technical experts across the enterprise. These smart and independently-minded employees create great value, but can also be some of the hardest to lead.
Leading technical people for success
Leaders of expert people and technical teams must be equipped with specific technical leadership skills to forge engagement while unleashing innovation. For more than 20 years BlessingWhite has conducted research which shows that organizations leading technical people:
- Have distinct workplace needs and leadership challenges
- Increasingly have to lead through influence and inspiration rather than authority
- Have blind spots when it comes to seeing what their teams need and where their leadership falls short
- Have specific learning preferences (i.e., multiple, shorter sessions, and access to on-demand resources).
Unleashing your strategic advantage
Leading Technical People+ is based on BlessingWhite’s proven success with hundreds of leading companies, training thousands of technical people. It is exclusively designed to equip managers with technical leadership skills and strategies for engaging and unleashing the knowledge, expertise, independence, and confidence of today’s specialized knowledge workers: programmers, engineers, scientists, financial analysts and more.
- Accelerated time-to-market for new product concepts
- Reduced friction and increased productivity
- More rapid adoption and implementation of new technology, techniques, and processes
- Retention of high-value technical talent
- Smoother, faster transitions for people promoted to leadership roles
- Leaders who can handle increased span of control
- A culture where technical experts thrive and a reputation that attracts the best in the business
- Research-based content and real-world practice scenarios for maximum relevance and impact
- Modular program design for easy customization and flexible implementation
- Continuous learning approach with multiple touch points to increase engagement and knowledge retention
- Assessment process for quantifiable improvements in technical leadership skills
A new continuous learning approach
Continuous learning is the foundation of Leading Technical
People+. It uses highly effective instructor-led (classroom and virtual) training, delivered in “learning bursts” as well as a variety of media (including mobile technology, video, and even social media). Leading Technical People+ increases the number of learning touch-points and extends them over time, place, and situation. Learning is retained, and skills are practiced using real-world situations.
Core Module — Foundations of Leadership
- Understanding Engagement — Understand what drives employees and how to move business objectives forward
- Needs of Technical People — Research-based insights on technical people and what makes leading them unique
- Building Trust — How to create, repair, and maintain trust levels with team members and throughout the organization
- Communication Skills — How to ask strategic questions and listen actively to meet goals and build strong relationships
- Communication Strategy — A structured communication framework to plan for critical conversations
- Setting Goals — Increase contribution by setting and supporting SMART goals
- Delegating Responsibility — Increase contribution and satisfaction without micromanaging
- Giving Feedback — Leverage high-performance and correct performance issues with clear, meaningful feedback
- Inspiring Innovation — Unleash creativity and organizational potential through everyday innovations
- Managing Change — Maintain engagement during times of change
- Influencing Others — Create buy-in and advance ideas by building strong relationships and influencing strategically
- Handling Resistance — Push initiatives forward and maintain relationships by handling resistance effectively
- Leading Teams — Set up technical people for success by leveraging the fundamentals of high-performing teams
- Working Virtually — Communicate effectively across a range of communication media to a diverse, global audience
Concepts were presented in a very clear way as well as its application. All concepts are connected and I thought they are easy to incorporate in our everyday work.
This workshop opened my eyes to some changes I need to make in communication and interaction with my employees and leadership.