Trust and Communication Drive Success
Leadership is hard enough. Virtual team leadership from afar poses unique challenges beyond the obvious global business communication logistics such as juggling time zones. It requires specific strategies for building trust, establishing comfortable, effective working relationships, staying abreast of work projects and avoiding the common global business communication missteps associated with email and voice mail. Leading in a Virtual Environment is an interactive global leadership development program that applies critical management fundamentals, tools and strategies to actual virtual leadership situations.
As a COACH, a virtual leader:
- Reinforces a foundation of trust
- Leverages strong communication
- Maximizes a virtual employee’s contribution and satisfaction
As a CONNECTOR, a virtual leader:
- Connects team members to one another
- Connects team members to pertinent information that will increase their contribution or satisfaction
- Connects team member to cross-functional groups and other leaders within the organization
As a CAMPAIGNER, a virtual leader:
- Increases visibility of his/her team to the larger organization to enhance the team’s influence and foster recognition and career opportunities for the team members
- Communicates the needs of the team and influences decision-makers to obtain necessary resources the team’s success
Leaders leave the virtual leadership training workshop with a concrete global business communication action plan. The organization benefits from:
- Increased trust and smoother working relationships
- More effective remote communications
- Team members who feel more involved, less isolated
- Leaders who can handle a variety of today’s remote working situations
- Leaders who can deliver results through others – wherever they are
- Virtual high-performance work environment
- Reorganization or decentralization
- Global work teams
- Leadership effectiveness
- Climate of trust across locations
- Insightful feedback on work styles
- Flexible workshop design featuring role playing for skill development
- Tools for applying strategies and skills on the job
- Can stand alone or run with other leadership development processes
We are doing everything we can to keep travel costs down. One direct impact of this is less face-to-face meetings for dispersed teams. We need our managers to become experts at leading and delivering results without jumping on a plane.
This course provided exercises and tools to help me see my ‘blind spots’ regarding virtual interactions. I think it could be helpful for anyone managing in today’s business environment.
We are just about to on-board several employees who will be full time teleworkers- this workshop provided me with some good strategies to make sure we get started on the right foot.