A successful high-potential leadership development initiative is a partnership between the organization, its managers and its employees.
BlessingWhite’s workplace research indicates that most employees are looking for interesting or meaningful work. Yet each employee defines “interesting” or “meaningful” differently. As a result, well-intentioned high-potential programs can fall short for everyone because organizational goals, managerial priorities and employee aspirations don’t align.
To succeed, organizations need to:
- Identify the skills and attributes that matter most.
- Know employees’ talents.
- Hold managers accountable for coaching.
- Help employees understand what drives them.
- Provide career coaching services and development opportunities.
- Understand what makes exceptional leaders